From:
"S. Drew Salyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:51:21 -0500
Hello.

I'm new to the FML, and I just thought I would drop in an introductory
message.

I have two ferrets: Weasel (sable, male) and the newbie, Silver (silver,
male).

Weasel was a somewhat neglected ferret that was given to me about a half
year ago.  He had almost no hair, was rather thin, and was rampant with
fleas.  He now has a beautiful, thick, shiny coat, is getting to be very
plump, and the fleas are at a minimum, but still not completely gone.  I
don't know his exact age, but I think he's about 2 years old... maybe a
little more.

I just picked Silver up yesterday from a not-so-local pet store.  He was
born 1.1.1999.  He's a very cute little critter, and man does he sleep a
lot!

I've been through a lot of frustration the past two days trying to get
these two fuzzies to get along together.  Weasel is much bigger and more
agressive than Silver, who is just a kit, and I have to break them apart
before I know what's going on.  Weasel's attack is not very vicious, but he
does bite the kit's ear and neck, and won't let go.  He seems to only bite
when the kit is awake, when the kit is sleeping, he takes a few sniffs and
goes about his daily business of pilfering around.  I think time (and a lot
of patience) will fix this problem, but if anyone has any suggestions, your
input would be greatly appreciated.  Any suggestions on the fleas would be
nice, too.

Thanks,
--Drew
         ICQ:  6978384