From:
Christa Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 14:30:39 -0500
Hi to you all....

First let me say my hearrt goes out for those of you with ill fuzies
and I wish I know of something to ease the pain and suffering of ya'll
with babies at the Bridge.  I, too, have many at the Bridge

My bad news first I guess.... Pooh, our almost 3 year old dark sable did
NOT grow all of his massive amount of fur back this fall.  Otherwise he
seems okay.  He's still a huge fat boy.  He's not due for any routine vet
checks, but as I live I Athens, GA he'll be going to his vet there.  I
suspect Adrenal in the early stages, but my daughter belongs to him and
she's in denial even though we've had fuzies for 10 years now.  (I'm
over ruling her and will take him to the vet while she's at school.) LOL
Maybe we can try a new treament for Adrenal if that is what it is.  I
pray it's not, but at least I'm not going there knowing he won't be
coming home.  Anything is possible, true, but he's in really good shape
right now.  He plays, dances, chases, runs, and his favorite, drinks and
knocks over MY soda!!!  Any suggestions or is this the right plan???

Now for the good news... Two more ferrets own me and my daughter!!  We
got them Thursday.  Everyone gets alnog so well.  Everyonce in a while
Sno (Vivious, for obvious reasons, accerts her alpha status) but all in
all they were welcomed into our family.  They are both what I call light
sables, hardly no mask at all.  They were born on Sept.  11, 2003 as
litter mates.  The very first night we had them Lexus found her way out
of the cage (never happened before and I've had nine now) and went under
our crawl space under the house.  Kat shown a light and rustled a plastic
sak and she came to a place Kat could reach her.  Man we were scared
silly!!!!  Rhiannon Maggie is going to be the opposite of Lexus who is
a blur of fur.  You can barely hold her!!  Rhianon Maggie is lap ferret
through and through!!  I'll probablyb just shorten Rhiannon Magie to
Rhiannon.  (I named her Maggie at first, but then Rhiannon sounded more
laid back.) I just wanted to brighten a day or two.  I KNOW they sure
brightened up ours!!  Lordy, I LOVE ferrets and ferret folks!!!

Please pray for our little Pooh.  I can't even let you know how special
he is.  I loved Rocky the way Kat loves pooh only she (Kat) is only 14
years old.  He's more dog than ferret and we love him so much.  Please,
please pray for him.  I KNOW prayer works!  Also my friend Sue has been
having a time nursing her Princess.  It's only a matter of time so keep
Sue and Princess in your prayers also.And wish us luch with our two new
girls!!!!

You guys are amazing.  I can never thank you enough for being here for
me even if you didn't realize you had done something, like maybe bring a
smile to my face when my heart was breaking.  Sorry this got sooo long
BIG, but I wanted to write something positive to offset Pooh's vet visit.
I'll keep you posted on the Gang!!

Dooks and War dances to all.....
Christa, Kathryn
Sno, Pooh, Lexus, Rhianon
Missing Holly, Michael, Lucy, and my baby Rocky