From:
"Jennifer M. Hubert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 13:33:26 -0400
Hi all,
I'm moving to New York City in the fall, and I'm taking Puck, my silver mitt
ferret and Oliver, my hedgehog, with me.  However, I have heard that New
York City is not a "ferret-friendly" place.  Can anyone give me any more
information about this?  I've read that ferts aren't technically "illegal"
but that you may need a permit?  Is this true?  Please write me with any
information that any of you have--especially if you live in New York City!
Is it hard to find pet stores with ferret supplies in New York?  Please help!

Also, one other question--Puck is a Peterson ferret.  What kind of
reputation does Peterson's have?  Is it anything like the Marshall Farm
debate?  He's 3 months old and healthy as a horse so far--the vet says he's
the friendliest and heathiest little guy she's seen in a while.  Any
information would be appreciated.  Feel free to email me at my address with
any replies to my queries.  Thanks in advance--this list has really helped
me as a new ferret owner!

Jennifer & Puck