From:
Rachel Ripley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 16:39:23 -0500
I almost lost Gus last night.  We didn't realize he had gotten out.  We
live on the 3rd floor of an appartment building.  Our front door doesn't
stay shut unless we lock it.  We didn't lockit cause some friends were
over.  We didn't notice at first cause he sleeps alot.  When it was bedtime
we checked everywhere, he was not in the house.  So we began to search the
basement, which is a huge mess of junk.  He always comes to his squeaky
toys after a while.  When we couldn't find him there we checked the exits.
The door had a small hole and wasn't shut all the way, and I saw tracks in
the snow.  We got dressed and searched all around the building and close
by.  It was cold and snowy and I didn't know what to do.  There were tracks
allover the place.  So we finally went to bed.  But we could barely sleep.
This mornig TC, got up early and went out again.  HE FOUND HIM!!  he was
in a neighbors garage.  I was so happy he found GUS.  When he brought him
in he just had this little innocent look on his face.  He is such a
sweetheart.  I would have died if we lost him.  I thought I was going to
have to write a sad story today, but a happy ending.  From now on we keep
the door locked at all times.  This was the second time in 3 days they had
escaped.  But the last time May got out she went down the hall and pushed
open our neighbors door and went in.  Then he brought her back.  I'm just
happy they are both safe.

Rachel