From:
Jennifer McClanahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:56:56 EST
This is a poem i had written after i got my first REALLY bad rescue baby.
He had me and quiet a few other very worried for him, he inspired me to
write this poem, and i just wanted to share it with you.  Miracle went
from 1.8 pounds to almost 3 pounds now.  He was in really bad shape,
cracked foot pads, broken whiskers, broken fur, sad eyes that had that
look like he done given up on life, you could count his bones.  He was
fed and watered once every 2 weeks, and never got out to play.  I got him
for $50 out of an ad bullitin, and he spent a week in the hospital after
we had him for 2 days.  Needless to say, hes been with us now since
November, and is doing quiet well.  I'm sure alot of you that have rescued
fuzzies before have seen his situation.  I just wanted to share this poem
with you all.

Sad eyes,
don't look that way,
thw whole world isn't mean and grey.
Just when you wanted to say good-bye,
a stranger came,
to tell you hi.
She picked you up,
into her arms,
to take you far,
away from harm,
to love and protect you from the life you always have known.
So sad eyes,
don't look that way.
Your new mommies here,
to take away the pain,
to love you and comfort you in a way you've never known.
She looks at your whiskers, your fur, your toes,
there all broken and cracked and dry ya know,
You're starved and thirsty,
but soon you'll never be again.
Your bowl will be full, again and again.
So sad eyes,
don't look that way,
you'll now have brothers and sisters,
to teach you to play.