From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:21:18 -0700
Is that what's being discussed?  I was off line for a week and elected not
to try and catch up.  But if things could be the way I'd like them here's
how it would work...

My existing ferrets room - and they have the best view in the house - would
be expanded into one half of what is now the living room.  I'd change the
'strictly a living room' into the 'great room' concept, by adding a kitchen
area at one end.  This is the part the ferrets would have access to.  There
would be a high eating bar with high stools, as our current kitchen with
chairs and a low eating bar is a piece of cake for the ferrets to access.
We live in an old house, so an old stove - the type up on legs would be a
perfect addition.

Access between the kitchen area and the livingroom area would be limited
to non-ferrets only.  Probably a nice latched gate that we could either
open or step over.  The ferrets would have access to the new area and
their existing room, and we would spend more time with them.  Currently we
'go visit them' in their room.  It would be really wonderful to interact
with them .  We are 'kitchen people', so this is our idea of an ideal
arrangement.  There is no dishwasher in our house now, so no worry there.
And the ferrets present room includes a fridge, and it's successfully
blocked, so that's not a problem.  As for the stove, an outlet would need
to be added to the area, so it can be put above the reach of little curious
ferrets.

Now if I just had the money to make this happen!

Georgia - the left coast one...