From:
Elisa Mohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 09:22:42 -0500
Hello all!

Happy holidays - enjoy!

I was wondering if anyone has ever looked at the ingredients of Totally
Ferret food?

I just did last night after having fed this to my little one's for over
2 years now and I just noticed that the first ingredient was chicken
by-product.

My point being is that I just got a dog and in the process of learning what
to feed my dog (from the vet and pet shop owners), I was told to avoid
by-products because they could be anything from ground up intestines (feces
and all) to feathers - all of which is not able to be metabolized by
animals effectively.  Thus, there is no nutritional value associated with
these by-products and they just make more waste (like ferrets need to have
anymore waste!).

I thought that TF was supposed to be premium ferret food (I was also told
that premium foods would not contain by-product)?  So what's up with that?
Does anybody have contrary evidence to suggest that ferrets are able to
digest bones, feathers, intestines with feces, beaks, feet - etc and that
it is good for them?  If not - can anyone recommend a food that would be
better for my little ones?

Peace and love,
Elisa
Fitz Fuzzit and Tubby Lard