From:
Cherrisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 07:50:41 -0500
Well after I wrote the note for the ferret list I took Bugsy back to the
vet because he wasn't doing well.  They performed some more blood tests and
then decided that exploritory surgery was best.  So I left him there, put
down a $300.00 deposit (I have no idea how I'm going to come up with the
other $700.00) and left crying all the way home.  This was at 8:00am.

At 11:15 the doctor called me and said that he was just waking Bugsy up as
we spoke and that his spleen was huge so he had to take it out.  His left
Adrenal gland was also huge so he took that out also.  He said that his
right one looked ok.  He said that bugsy had some growths on his intestine
and it looked like a little problem with his liver.  He took samples and
had them sent off to be biopsied (I'll let you know what the results are)

At 3:50 the doctor called me back and said that Bugsy was doing well.  I'm
waiting to hear from him this morning for an update.

I never thought that I would have to go through any of this with my babies.
I just pray to god that Skippy never has to go through this.

I was thinking have any of you looked into pet insurance??  Do they offer
it for ferrets?  Let me know if anyone does.

Cherri
Bugsy
Skippy (mom where's the one that bites me all the time?)

Thank you,
Cherri Zaske
ArtZpot
Profiling Artists and Designers.