From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 15:08:22 -0500
 Hello!

I brought this possible project up a few months ago, and now with the help
of my best friend (who designs web pages), it is going to happen within
about four to six weeks.

I am going to design and maintain an online site that acts like the FML
Shelter List.

We're thinking along these lines for the layout:

* Nothing too graphically fancy to start with. I want to make sure
  the shelter information is accurate and posts accurately before
  I start getting into graphics.
* Shelters organized by state and country. If possible, I would like
  to find state maps that outline counties so people could know an
  approximate location.
* In-depth questionnaire.
* Shelter banner or graphic. We are also going to design a graphic
  that shelters or ferret people can put on their web page to direct
  people to this one.
* Domain name. I will buy the domain name, so it's easy to remember
  and go to.

I thought about doing this because I know there are circumstances when a
shelter's information drastically changes from what the shelter mailing
list is.  My main goal is to be able to issue shelters who register a
password, so they can log in at any time to change the data.  On a day to
day basis if needed.

One forewarning: any shelter listing outstanding vet bills will be asked
to supply vet name and phone number so we can call and verify it.

This is my Christmas present from my friend, so as soon as the skeleton
gets up, I will post the URL so we can test it out to see if the data gets
posted correctly, etc.

I hope this helps some people.  I am not going to charge anything or make
anyone register for anything, or the like.  Bailey's recent death made this
a no tolerance issue for me.  We bought her fully grown from a pet store,
and saved her from a impending death due to sickness.  If I can do that for
any more fuzzbutts, I want to.  I owe her that.

Talk to you soon,
Julie