From:
MontyYounce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 1995 22:00:00 PDT
To Sheena Staples and Sam Kinsey also the whole gang

I don`t write much so please forgive the mistakes.  We have had 6 or 8
ferrets over the last 10 years with cataracts.  I`ts not much of a problem
to them the owners seem to suffer the most.  If the ferret is completly
blind he or she may not know wether its spring or summer so are we supose to
have a long coat or a short one.  But if the fuzzy is housed indoors (And
they should) theres not much to worry about.  They don`t see much anyway.
The nose takes them every where thy want to go.
We have two fuzzys at this time Chukky and Sid both males (fixed) If you
didn`t get to close you would never know Chukky was completly blind and Sid
i think can see light and dark only.  They play and get around as well as
all the rest (just don`t move the furniture every day) It takes them about
10 min.  to ajust.

Sheena If you have a breeder that goes blind he/she may never know when to
come in season if thats the case there may be a problem, also the cataracts
may be hereditary.

I hope I`ve been of some help.
Everybody give your fuzzys a hug for us

Monty and Bobbie Ferrets Northwest Tacoma
and all 25 of the kids :)