Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:30:31 -0500
Hey Hey Hey,

Blaze is doing very well.  He has what the vet suspects is unilateral
polycistic kidney disease.  This usually affects both kidneys and because
of that, is fatal.  Blaze only got it in one.  I also feel much better
about the desicion to put him thru the surgery (even if the pathology
comes back BAD).  I understand this disease is very painful so even if
this surgery did not lengthen his life, it improved his quality of life
by removing the pain.

At last report, Blaze is eating, drinking, eliminating and drum roll
please:::::::::::: WARDANCING!!!!!!!!

He has to stay with good friends in Raleigh for the next week as he is
now a bilateral.  We have no ferret vets closer than 3 hours away so he
needs to have his meds perfectly adjusted before he comes home.  Thank
you so much Caity Martin and Keith.

I prayed very hard for help making the right decision for Blaze.  In an
outpouring of amazing grace, my prayer was answered.  God is good, so
good.

HappyTails,
Karen and the Scruff You Gang