From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 23:01:14 -0600
Howdy folks! This last week has been an eventful one for me and the crew.
Monday last I adopted a stray cat. She's due to have kittens any day now.
I'd taken her to the vet to make sure she didn't have anything she might
give to the ferrets or my cat. They did a fungal (?) test on her which
unfortunately came back positive today. Has anyone had experience with
ringworm in ferrets? She hasn't really had any contact with the other pets.
My cat and she hiss at each other so they're rarely within a few feet of
each other. The ferrets have been limited to the living area when they're
out of their cage even though she's shown no aggresive reaction to them.
She's VERY sweet. What's the chance that I'm going to have to treat them ALL
for ringworm? I can't treat the new kitty (we call her Chloe) until she pops
those kits b/c I don't want to risk them having birth defects. Once those
kittens are born she's taking a trip back to the vet for all her shots and
treatment, until then, any suggestions on how to prevent the ferrets (and
the other cat) getting ringworm? What signs should I look for? Would it be
safe to treat them for ringworm even if they don't have it?

[Moderator's note: Ahhh... but YOU can get it!  BIG]

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ahn and crew