From:
Laurie Murchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 21:45:32 -0200
SuperSlink here -
The Boss wants to thank everyone for their caring e-mail.  I asked her if I
could write since all of you are, of course, fans of mine (as everyone who
knows me is and everyone who doesn't know me should be, regardless).  She
was so stunned that I would actually ASK rather than just take control of
her hands (as is my God-given right by virtue of the fact that I'm a ferret
and therefore everything I want to do or have is okay/mine - one of the
lesser known Laws of the Universe) that she just stared at me blankly (she
looks so cute when she's blank - which means she's cute ALL the time)
[GRRRRR] (Truth hurts, doesn't it, Boss?)

In case anyone wonders why TB and I hardly ever post anymore, welllll, it's
like this: She works two jobs - basically a 70+ hour workweek.  She has her
fulltime federal government job during the day and from there she goes to a
private residence to take care of Granny (not her real name, obviously, but
that's what everyone calls her), an elderly lady who's got osteoperosis,
emphysema, is on an oxygen machine and is basically bedridden.  It can be a
very psychologically draining job even though she loves Granny very much and
Granny seems to think she walks on water (boy, has TB got HER snowed).  She
leaves here in the morning around 7 and doesn't get home until after 9 or
9:30 most nights...that is, when she doesn't end up spending the night and
going to her day job from there because of Granny's daughter (with whom she
lives with), gets home really, really late to the point where it just makes
more sense for TB to stay there.  And she works there every other weekend,
starting Friday night and staying there until Sunday evening when she's
finally able to come home.  And this'll be increasing to THREE weekends in a
row for who knows how long.  She has no life...but as long as she has us
rugrats and our friends on the Internet, she says that's okay.  I, myself,
am her Sanity....her Number One Weasel who turned her life around by making
her CARE again - enough to stop her downhill slide toward alcoholism.
Spaghetti and Nala have their own individual, unique places in her heart.
Spags (chocolate) is a little whippet of a ferret - long, skinny and
thin-coated.  By no means can he be considered prepossessing in looks, but
he's got such a winsome "little boy lost" expression and what he lacks in
looks, he makes up for in energy and enthusiasm.  Now Nala.....

Nala is the Hob Buster....the Leader of the Pack, as Debbie (TB's roommate)
dubbed her.  She's only 1.6 lbs., but she'll whale the stuffing out of Spags
(2.2 lb.) and me (closer to 3 lb.) without a moment's hesitation.  Actually,
she's nicer to Spags because he's so sweet-tempered and always polite to
her.  Yours truly she has a no-holds barred attitude about.  When Kymmie
Becker first brought her and Spags for TB to adopt, I decided to put her in
her place and pounced on her....However, I wasn't prepared for her to slam
back into me...and seconds later I was fleeing for my life....This was ONE
WILD WOMAN and she was determined to put me, Me.  ME, SLINKY THE MOONDANCER,
THE TELEFERRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, in MY place - or rather what she defined as My
Place....basically at her feet, groveling for her good graces..which, of
course, I REFUSE to do...far too macho for that submission bit.  Which is
why we're always tangling with each other (and actually enjoyng every moment
of mutual murder)...and Spags will jump in and merrily kill right along with
us from time to time.  The love and laughter we bring TB are all that keep
her going at times...that and the support given by my Harem (Kymmie, Karen
and Sam, all on the FML), her roommate, Debbie, and, first and foremost, The
Lord from whom all blessings flow (ferretkind, of course, being His
greatest)...

Right now Nala's still in the hospital - Debbie will be picking her up
Monday, but the vet said she had a spiked temperature this morning so TB
decided to leave her there the rest of the weekend.  Spags and I miss her,
but Spags is pounding the poop out of me (not really, but I let him since
it makes the little dude feel like a big dude) in her honor....

The  Moondancer Who Seems To Be Her Number One Handkerchief Right Now
             ** drum roll, please **
           The Terrorist Triumvirate
Slinky The  Moondancer:      "Dogs and cats, no doubt, are cool..."
Spahetti the JoyBouncer:      "But s/he who loves ferts is no one's fool..."
Nala the Hob Buster:            "So face it, humans - FERRETS RULE!"