From:
Mini Tafoya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 00:17:30 EDT
Hello all,

1.  First of all thanks to the people that responded to my request for a
Paid Focus Group in Chicago, IL.  I have several people that agreed to
participate.

2.  I know that lots of shelters use adoption forms.  If there is anybody
out there that would be willing to send me a copy of what you use I would
really appreciate it.  A friend here in Albuq and I are talking about
starting a shelter.  As of April 1999, I will have all of my rabbit cages
empty (90 of them) and they could be converted to ferret cages with some
work.  Blisters on my hands again...oh well it's for a great cause.  We also
have a lawyer that would be willing to set up the non profit stat for us (I
think), and checking with the county for licensing is only a phone call
away.  Living in the county and not in the city, I don't have to deal with
many regulations that many of you do.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  We already have a name picked out: "Ferrets "R" Fun".  Also
doing a booth at the Pet Expo next month, here in Albuq.  It will be only
for information, educating people on do's and don'ts.  Marge and her litter
will be there for people to look at and play with.  They will be the perfect
age...right at 6 weeks.

Now on litter news...We have 6 new baby kits that arrived during 11 hrs of
labor yesterday.  Boy by time Marge was done, so was I.  I stayed at her
side till after 2:30 AM this morning to make sure she was done.  All along I
had to play nurse and cut the afterbirth for each one (not the first time I
had to do that), and make sure they stayed warm using a heat light (that I
swiped from the baby chicks).  Mom and babies are doing great tonite.  I
love having babies, and it's so unique watching a mom deliver and staying at
her side to lend a helping hand.  I know we will land up keeping at least
one or two of her babies.  Some of you may remember me loosing April just a
little over a yr ago, and Marge is one of her daughters.  Sassy is the other
daughter who was spayed a cpl of months ago.  These lines of ferrets have
such great personality, so I want to keep them going.

Well time to check on the babies again,

Mini and her gang of lets see....
Grumpy and Cheyenne
Sassy, Dakota and Speedy
Goldie and her screaming bundle of 5 three week olds
Marge and her screaming bundle of 6 one day olds
Bandit the proud daddy of both litters...
I think that adds up to 19 ... ughh ferret math at work and time to built
  more cages once again