From:
Laura Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 18:31:45 -0400
Erin,

one small comment.  I highly doubt there would be any issues of the
constitutionality of regulating the ages of sale for various pets, even if
there were different ages for different pets.  The "free market" can, and
*is* restricted in oh, so many ways, as we all know.  Even in difficult
scenarios, justification for such is found.  The health and safety of these
animals, IMHO, is not a difficult justification to come up with.

Disclaimer :-) - this is *not* a flame on Erin.  Just wanted to add my .02,
if it's even worth that.  And I think it's a *great* idea to push
legislation in this area.  I think I read MF does lobbying on fert issues..
am I wrong?  Also, are there any other organizations anyone knows of who
(also) does lobbying on fert issues?  Thanks for listening..

Laura
Queen Zen
Queen Bu