From:
Brian and Lisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:57:56 -0400
Hi All,
Some of you may be familiar with my story.  I purchased a ferret three
years ago from a pet store that was diagnosed with nerve damage to his
throat which helps him swallow properly.  Until know we would put him on
antibiotics about twice a year when he would get a cold to help prevent
infection or phnemonia.He started having labored breathing one evening and
I took him to vet next day.  He was diagnosed yesterday with Aspiration
Phnemonia.  He is on antibiotics and I just purchased baby food for him.  I
am hoping for some words of encouragement from anyone who might have been
through this before with their baby and had everything work out okay.  He
is drinking and accepting Ferretvite.  My Vet feels where we caught it so
early that we have a good chance.  If anyone has advice or encouraging
words I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you so much.

Lisa and her boys Sneak and Chamois -my poor little sick guy.