Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:17:54 -0800
My 14 year old son, who is allergic to cats, dogs, horses, cows, gerbils,
hamsters, rabbits, and in general any other furry creature upon the earth,
is the proud owner of two ferrets.  He started with Slinky (for whom we
had previously arranged an adoptive home if they were not allergiclly
comptatible).  Three months went by with NO allergic reactions, and we
added another ferret, Polar Bear.  Still no reactions.  No itching,
wheezing, (he is asthmatic as well) hives, etc.

Maybe I am being premature, but he could sleep with them draped over his
face and have no problems!

I only wish I had learned of these wonderful creatures years ago.  When I
see the three of them together, playing, cuddling, napping; when I hear him
tell me "I love my weasels."; when I see his maturity growing as he accepts
responsibility for their care, I cannot thank our lucky stars that ferrets
are available to share his life.