From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 02:44:51 -0400
>"Cynthia M. Donovan" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Epstein is getting Skinny!!!!
>I need some quick advice ...

You may want to STOP the Ferretone.  According to Dr. Bruce Williams, and
some other ferret vets, what you are describing is typically what can happen
when too much of this stuff is given.  Nothing about Vitamin A, this is
about the high fatty acids and digestive disorders.  The great thing about
it is these symptoms will abate in many cases as soon as the Ferretone is
withdrawn.  You can switch to less active substances like canola oil(usually
loved just as much).  Although, for the time being I would probably want to
withhold all oil and allow a complete digestion.  The weight loss could be
for many reasons, and probably thorough blood, urine, and fecal cultures
should be considered.  Higher protein foods may help as long as the critter
is active enough.  You may also wnat to consider withholding any raisins, or
other fiber until some wieght returns.  I hope some of this helps.  I can
ONLY speak from my experiences and the many conversations I have had with
others.

Good
luck...
best wishes,