From:
sue thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:26:07 -0400
Well, I stay busy and don't get to post much, but I do read and I say
Ditto to Lora's Post.  There are too many shelters having to close due
to so many surrenders and very low finances.  I know people get tired
of hearing from us shelters, but if we don't make money, we can't keep
going.  I try my best to not have to ask for donations, I try to sell
on eBay to make the funds I need, I'm on a fixed income of $626 a month
and believe me, that doesn't go far at all.  I have had to stop listing
items in the auction style and move most things to eBay store due to
prices being so high at eBay.

Which brings me to now posting an update on my situation and auctions.  I
have just listed several items, a few in auctions and others in my eBay
store.  I have changed from doing this only on the 25th of every month, I
will now be adding items every Sunday by midnight.  I need to do it more
often, once a month isn't enough.  I am raising funds always for general
shelter things like food, meds, vet bills,, etc. and now having to raise
funds due to funds being short on replacing my mobile home and an outdoor
cattery, on top of having to buy materials to do the new ferret room in a
different way, since it is going to be much smaller than the one they had
in the other home.

I'm asking you to please take a look at my items, I will be adding more
items every Sunday, Please come back and look every week at what's newly
listed.  Both new items and some of my own items will be listed in the
store.

And say a little prayer for all of the shelters.  We need something to
happen to allow us to keep caring for these animals.

Thanks,
Sue
Okeechobee Ferret & Cat Rescue
Items listed every Sunday by Midnight! Items added to eBay store all
of the time.
Please visit my eBay auctions, always raising funds for food, meds,
spays and neuters,
http://stores.ebay.com/Ferret-Cat-Rescue