From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 11:27:58 -0800
Hi Gary,
Does Sadi have an insulinoma.  We kept Grandpa going probably much longer
than I should have.  He had stopped eating about 4 months before the final
Screaming seizure that helped him to cross over.  We had added proglycem to
the pred but he was such an old boy and his insulinoma was so advanced.  We
worked him through the first seizure and about a month later at 3am I heard
another one starting.  With the vet on his way I did all I could think of
but nothing eased the seizure.  All I could do was to walk with him, rock
him and sing the only song that came to mind, called Pass It On.  He seemed
to calm slightly with the song.  Oh Yes, the most important thing of all, I
prayed for God to be merciful and to accept this small fur child from my
loving arms to his Eternal light and Love.  God heard my prayers that night
and within the hour I am sure that Grandpa was being gently rocked in the
arms of my Lord before being set free to run and play as he had not done in
months.  That screaming was the worst thing that I had ever heard in my
life.  I dread the progress of my 2 other boys with insulinoma.  My prayers
are with you and Sadi.

Diana