From:
Meghan Bonikowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 00:29:07 -0800
Hi All,

Got a few subjects here.  For the person with Oblina (tried to e-mail it,
but it came back to me so thought I'd post it) : I just wanted to say that
I think it's cute that your albino ferret is named Oblina, since it's an
anagram.  All the letters are the same in albino and Oblina, just
rearranged!  hehe!

And for Millie, I love the names Dizzy and Joy.  Good choices!

I have a question about the Portland Ferret Fun Match on the 12th.  I don't
know if I can go, but if I can, how will I know who anyone is?  I have
heard of people on this list being there, but I have no idea what anyone
looks like.  Was just curious..

Also..  From Lynn McIntosh:
>It's too late in the season, but next year I'll try and remind people to
>go smell a blooming "Pieris japonica" bush, which smells EXACTLY like a
>ferret, that musky wafting smell on a hot day after they wake up.  And
>there are some daisies that smell EXACTLY like ferrets' ears!

AHA!  Maybe I should ask my neighbours what they have in their front
gardens.  :) There was a period where every single time I'd come outside,
I said, "Hmm, it smells like ferrets." And there are so many plants out
there, it just has to be coming from one of them.  So I thought that post
was really interesting.  =)

I'd also like to add that I'm really so very sorry to hear about those of
you who have lost your ferrets and those of you with sick ones.  Even if I
don't get to write to everyone, I think about all of you and am always
hoping for the best for everyone.

On a lighter note: I had a pseudo ferret sighting today.  Anyone catch the
M*A*S*H marathon?  They were running episodes all day here.  So I was
watching a few of them, and one episode especially caught my attention at
one point.  Hawkeye, Honeycut, Radar, and General Potter were standing
around a table talking and drinking, and had heard that Frank would no
longer be coming back because he was transferred.  They said, "Let's make
a toast." And someone said, "Something tender." Another said, "Something
sentimental."  And Hawkeye raised his glass, the others followed, and he
said, "Good-bye, Ferret Face." Haha!!

All right, off I go.  Everyone take care of themselves and their fuzzy
friends.  :)

--Meghan