From:
Andy McDonel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 21:27:13 -0400
Just noticed one of our ferrets wont leave hit hind side alone. He
licks his rear then lays down, and continues this for the last 30
minutes. At first I thought he was just "grooming" but this is
specific to his butt.

I noticed a SMALL (drop almost) of a clear liquid on his anus and it
seems to be irritated a tiny bit. It seems to be pertruding a TINY
bit, and upon dabbing it with a tissue, there was a light green dot
that was found.

Any ideas? I let him run around and he is playing fine, but when he
lays down, he goes right back to licking his rear. I gave him some
ferretlax to see if there is something in there.

thanks!

Andy