From:
Margo Ellingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:48:13 -0500
IMHO, the original poster (Jayne) was looking to the people on this list for
advice because she wasn't sure what to do.  All she got was scolded for a
long post and a lecture.  I thought this list was about helping each other
out.  Sometimes I wonder.

"Good" pet stores usually take obviously sick animals in the back to treat
them, not just put them in another cage in view of the buying public.  The
reputation of the store is at stake.  They don't want people running around
saying that the animals in that store look half sick.  It's bad business
practice.   It's like running a landscape business from a building overgrown
with weeds!

Jayne...Your post shows your concern.  I think you should go back to the
store and ask them about it.  It never hurts to ask...all you will get is an
answer!:)   If the little guy is in view of the public, they should be
willing to answer questions about him.   Show your concern, not just in this
but in everything. Compassion is a virtue!  And believe me, the world needs
more compassionate people.

margo