Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:49:45 -0800
late last july my house was invaded by little black ants, drawn to the
yummy food my 15 ferrets are fed.  the battle ended only when the weather
turned cold enough for them (the ants) to hibernate, or whatever it is
they do in winter.  well, mild weather proclaims that winter is over here
in portland, or.  and the ants are back with a vengence!  i am finding
them everywhere, and i know it's only a matter of time before they find
the food bowls again.  last year i would find literally hundreds of ants
in each dish, and my fuzzies wouldn't go near the food.  does anyone have
a suggestion?  i would prefer to use 'home' remedies before calling in
the professionals.  so far, i've found that windex spray kills the ants
in their tracks, but i'm not sure what that might do to the little ones.
any help will be much appreciated!!

lavon