From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:23:42 -0700
We too had fears of harming a fuzzy if they were allowed to sleep with
us.  Xena has managed to have it her way, and has been sleeping with
us since Maggie passed on.  Xena was our only child, but rose to the
occasion, and cared for (groomed, cuddled) , and slept with Maggum's
while we had her.Both of our elderly 'ladies' wanted nothing to do with
the more exuberant horde, and stayed in our bedroom when the rest were
out thrashing the house.  With Maggies passing, Xena wanted even less
to do with the gang, but was insistent on sleeping with us!  Ferrets can
be very insistent!!!!  She has been doing grand, either sleeping between
us, or curled up on my pillow on top of my head.  (talk about bad hair
days!!!)  The down side (which is insignificant to me) is her deciding to
'groom' me at 0300 right in the middle of a REM cycle.  It's worth it for
her happiness.  (Ferret people are just whacked when it comes to their
babes happiness....and I'm GLAD to be one!)

She's able to climb onto the bed using the blanket under the comforter
(bad blanket days), and has learned to look for the pillow on the ground
to get down.  Still haven't figured out why she sleeps on MY head given
she's well and truly Daddies little girl !!!.

I'd say give it a go unless you and your mate are rollers, kickers, n
thrashers.  Just realize that ferrets have no sense of time, and will
want to include you in what-ever project they're thinking of, be it
grooming, playing, or just checking to see if mama's alive at any time
of the night!  A 'Crazy Ivan' on your naked belly in the middle of the
night is REAL special!

Hugs n Dooks, Michelle and the gang of 12
P.S.  Zorro isn't sick, just REALLY REALLY fat!!!  We're trying to get
him to exercise, and that does not include placing his face in the food
bowl!