From:
Karl Brodhecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 03:13:44 -0700
We have had several inquiries about the up-coming Ferret Day at the Great
Canadian Pet Fair at Vancouver on the 23-24 of May.  The following
information should clarify matters.

When is it?
Saturday, 23 May, this year, from 10:00 to 6:00.

Where is it?
Plaza of Nations on the old expo grounds across from B.C. Place stadium.
This is immediately to the east of the Cambie Street bridge: take the
Pacific Boulevard exit when crossing north on the bridge.

What is the pet fair admission fee?
$6.00 for adults, $4.00 for kids, ferrets free.

When are the games?
Games start at 3:00 with registration starting at 2:00.  Registration
requirements are: one ferret or more.

How can I bring my ferret to the fair from the U.S.?
You need a rabies vaccination certificate to cross the border and should
have a distemper certificate also.  Bring along a proof of residence for
your ferret for the return trip.

I thought that a previous posting said this event was cancelled and that
there would be no ferrets at the pet fair?
That was another unassociated group.  FIRST sponsors the Ferret Fun Frolic
at the pet fair and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Is this a ferret "show?"
No.  There will be no "beauty contest" types of events, only fun activities
that everyone can enjoy and feel good about.

What are the activities?
The events will consist of games and activities to show the ferret's natural
inquisitive and playful nature and its interaction with its parents.  Two
events are "A Day at the Office" and "The Tea Party."  Other games are also
planned.  There will be prizes for everyone as long as supplies last.

You can have your ferret's fortune told or have your face painted to match
your ferret's.  A photoboard for you and your furry friends will be set up,
too.  We will be distributing educational material to the public and
several former wards of the Society who now have new homes will be present,
including Vampira and Ophelia, escapees from local ferret mills.
Huckleberry Finn Ferret, the Society's mascot, will be autographing
photographs between naps.

Drop by and say hello.

Ferret Information Rescue Shelter & Trust Society
FIRST (Ferret) Society
A Charity for Ferret Welfare in British Columbia
Contact:  [log in to unmask]