From:
Roger McMillian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 07:46:13 -0800
DR>What you are describing when your ferret paws at his mouth, in my
DR>experience, means that your ferret is probably nauseated.  This sometimes
DR>go hand in hand with the teeth grinding.

Yup...Get this little one into a vet ASAP!  I've seen enough of these
symptoms to know that they mean something's wrong.  Pawing could be nausea
or it might indicate something more serious like insulinoma.  Teeth grinding
is sometimes also seen in insulinoma, but can also be a symptom of adrenal
problems.

[DISCLAIMER: I am not a veterinarian.  Information provided here is strictly
anecdotal and should be taken as such.  A competent ferret veterinarian
should be consulted in all matters of ferret health.]

On other matters...  Feb 2nd may be Groundhog day to the rest of the
country...  but here in the Chicago Area, we celebrate Ferret Day!
Tradition is: if a ferret sees his or her shadow on Ferret Day, he can be
certain of getting a cagemate withing 6 weeks.