Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 20:40:29 -0700
Lisa made it to the airport on time, being wheeled through the airport
like a VIP.  She was wheeled past a long line of people waiting in the
security line, so now I know that if I ever want to skip waiting in
line, all I have to do is break my leg.  I was privileged to look at her
x-rays, so I could say I could see right through her ( just like my mom
used to say to me).  It was great to see so many ferret friends, and now
I can say I saw more of Lisa than most.  ;-) I hope all her friends will
send her a virtual "cast signing" even though you can't do it in person
and she isn't exactly in a cast.  Just remember, an accident can happen
to anyone, so don't give a presentation on disaster preparation or it
could happen to you! ;-)

This is a partial list of the speaking engagements I've agreed to do; you
should know by the date and state if I have it correct.  If you are not
on the list, please email me asap so I can fix it.
2005: NC May 21, OH Aug 27, PA Sep 11, NV Sep 24, IL Oct 1, IL Oct 16.

As I recall, there are nearly a dozen other requests in the pipeline, but
none that have been submitted.  Just remember, first come first served,
so if there is a single date you need, ask as soon as possible.  Some
dates cannot be accepted: two scientific conferences, and a family
wedding.  I will also be doing some work in SD and CO, but those dates
are not yet scheduled.  Again, I apologize for losing the data.

I've been asked to submit my impressions on the symposium.  I will do so
in another post in a day or so.

Well, Alicia, sorry about the dinner at the diner.  It is obvious you
take your food VERY seriously!  Mine was great, even though I had to
sit across from someone eating liver!  Liver?  Yuck!  Out of a party of
seven, no one complained so I could hear it.  Personally, I would have
asked for the manager and made a formal complaint, but I guess you can't
complain if someone is eating liver.  Still, you can have dinner at my
house to make up for the experience.  You do like fresh corn on the cob,
steamed yellow squash, grilled sweet Italian sausage wrapped in bacon,
"Bob's Homemade Chili", rotisserie turkey breast, tossed green salad,
sweet relish potato salad, and shrimp, mushroom, and cherry tomato
kabobs, right?  That's what I'm cooking for my son's "stop day" party
this weekend.  Come on out and I'll fill a plate for you!

Bob C  [log in to unmask]

"You really can't complain if you get nipped by a ferret after you've
been teasing it all day.  But it does smart."
Anonymous, 1875.  Letter in Possession of the author.