From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:16:29 +0000
[Moderator's note: I forwarded this to MaFF for their comments -- their
response appears in the next post.  BIG]

Before joining Maff or donating money to them, ask them where their money
goes!!  Maff has had money for a long time as the 2 ferret shelters in
Massachusetts have struggled and pinched pennies to try to cover their
costs.  meanwhile MaffF sat on its money trying to figure out, what to
do.  Now they're back and talking about ferrets need this and ferrets
need that, but when ferrets in shelters needed money and surgeries, MaffF
was too busy trying to figure out what it wanted to do with itself to
bother helping.  It is kind of funny that their post had all that stuff
about shelters being full and needing money - the shelters have been full
for a long time and getting no support from Maff even though maff had
money, it couldn't be bothered to help, now they are writing posts
talking about how much need there is.  OF COURSE there is need, but the
shelters have had to go it alone all this time, because Maff just sat on
their bank account, full of peoples donations to help ferrets, and let
the shelters sink or swim.  Fortunetly our shelters are smart resourseful
women and they were able to keep their shelters going with the help of us
few but dedicated volunteers.

I feel its fair for people to know, that MaFF does NOT help shelters or
ferrets, it hasn't for a long time, and any money you send to Maff either
as a donation or as a membership, you have no guarantee that it's going
to help any actual ferrets, I should know, I sent donations to Maff years
ago thinking it would help ferrets and then when shelters needed them and
needed financial help they just disappeared and the shelters had to fend
for themselves.

We do fundraisers and raffles to help the ferrets in our shelter,
we have not had any help from Maff.  If you want to help ferrets in
massachusetts, donate directly to the ferrets.  Maff does not give help
or money to the shelters and they have given up looking to Maff for help.
Give to the shelters, they are the ones doing the real work to rescue
ferrets and take care of them.  Maff will take your money and stick it
in their bank account and no ferret will get any help from it.  Do not
donate to them or send them a membership if you truly want to help
ferrets who need care.  Donate directly to the shelters, that way you
know that your money will help a ferret get his surgery or help the
shelter buy food for its ferrets, if you send any money to Maff theres
no reason to believe a shelter will ever get help from it, and that is
where money is needed, it does not do ferrets any good sitting in Maffs
bank account, and that's where it will stay if you donate to them.

Both of the shelters in Massachusetts have a website, please visit them
to see where the real ferret rescue work is happening, Gimmee Shelter and
the Educated Ferret Shelter, they both have worked very hard taking care
of ferrets during the last 2 years that Maff did nothing and didn't help
them out one bit, please donate to them if you want to help ferrets in
Massachusetts, especially during this holiday season of need.

Thank you-

A massachusetts shelter volunteer.