Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:54:43 -0700
GREAT NEWS! ! !  I've recently been in contact with the Editor-in-Chief
of a local newspaper publication in Seattle, WA that is devoted solely
to pet-related articles, photos, advertisements, events, and healthcare
facilities and have been asked to write a minimum of 3 articles about
ferrets!

The newspaper's name is "Puget Sound Pet" and, according to the E-I-C,
PSP has been publishing for three years and the circulation is 20,000.
It is a for-profit business and published monthly.  Unfortunately, they
don't have a website yet but are working on that.

Apparently the EIC sensed my passion for public education about ferrets
and asked if I would write some "introductory" ferret articles that might
even lead to a regular "column" of sorts.  WOW!  (And I couldn't help but
chuckle when the EIC wrote "Any ferret photos you can add would be nice;
if you don't have any, I'm sure we could round one up." HA!  DO I HAVE
FERRET PHOTOS!!!)

I'M SOOOOO EXCITED about this opportunity and have decided to write
the first article about "Proper/Healthy Ferret Food Choices" since I'm
learning that too many current and potential ferret owners are not
properly educated about this subject.  I have to have the first article
submitted by this coming Monday!

I've seen such a wide variety of recommendations for particular ferret
and non-ferret foods and snacks and have done my own ongoing research
about minimum/maximum % levels and quality of ingredients, etc. but much
of what I've gathered is mostly others' personal opinions and preferences
and maybe not too much hard core facts.

So, in order to make sure I'm publishing correct information, if anyone
out there can send me data (or links to data) referencing the above
mentioned things, I would greatly appreciate it!  I've seen a variety of
different food charts that list food products in order of best quality
to least quality and that is good but I've never seen anything "factual"
about the % level 'requirements' of key, main ingredients in ferret
foods.  Nor have I come across "factual" data that lists WHY certain
ingredients are not good, although I know some reasons why and of course
have come to my own opinions about these questions.  But it would be
helpful to have solid data and references.

THANKS for any help you're willing to give!
Jennifer and the 3 Amigos :-)