From:
Anita Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 17:04:10 -0400
>Also, try a Dixiecup.  I got her on videocamera the first time I gave her
>one.  She had the dixiecup on her nose and she was trying to walk around
>with the cup on her face!

My guy, Bernie, first did this with a dixie cup.  He puts it on his face
and walks around blindly and when he bumps into something....pauses for a
second and changes direction.  There's absolutely no hesitation in his
walk.  He'll take it off and put it back on and walk some more.

It's the most hilarious thing!

He also does this with socks, mittens....anything his head fits into.

Anybody else's ferret intentionally blind himself?  We've been thinking
about committing him.... :=)

Our first ferret was obsessed with Dixie cups.  She had collections
everywhere in the house and when she got out would visit each stash and
make sure all the dixies were arranged just right!!!  She loved to raid the
bathroom waste basket to get more treasures for her collections.  No matter
how mangled the dixie was, she took them all.  I think she loved the sound.

I used to also tap on a Dixie cup and she'd come to me and stand up...then
I'd give her a new treasure!

Anita Klein
Buddy, Bernie and Binkie too!