From:
Petsgalor9 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:18:16 EST
It has been a very long time since I have posted to the FML.  I don't even
read it as much as I used to.  Mostly skim over the topics.  I will continue
to read the ones I want and ignore those I don't feel worth my attention.
I feel, however, that I must say one thing.  I don't know what all the
controversy is over MF again and I don't care to know.  What I do know is
that if it were not for MF I would never have had my first ferret five years
ago.  We now have twelve.  About half of my ferrets were from a friend's pet
store and the others are rescues.  We, as a family, have decided to not get
any more babies from pet stores or anywhere except a shelter.  Not because
of MF or any other reason except that I can't justify buying a kit from a
store when there are so many who need loving homes.  My point is this.  Not
all of us are fortunate enough to have breeders and shelters nearby.  Last
Saturday we drove 2 hours to adopt a 7mo.  old female ferret.  This is not
that far but had it not been for the ferret bulletin boards on AOL I would
not have even known about her.  Many people would never have the pleasure
and enduring love of a ferret if not for MF.  I'm not condoning what MF does
just saying that some of us are lucky that once upon a time MF decided to
breed ferrets.  Now, I will go and continue to lurk and feel sorry for those
of you who feel it necessary to judge and fight with other ferret people.
Life is too short.  We all need to learn the love and understanding our
ferrets give to us.

Pat and the Utterly Magnificent Dozen