From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 23:43:30 -0800
Dear Marc Wilson;

To answer your question new twice asked, I routinely shower with my ferrets,
(remember shower with a friend and save water?), and have never had any
"trouble" with water getting in their ears..  I really don't see how it
could, as it is clean water, and I reguarly inspect so I know they don't
have any infections going on there.

They have partially webbed feet, and I know of many that like to swim, and
they have a head shaking reflex like a dog, so I can't fathom why it might
cause any problem, really.  This is not at all a put down, just the first
time I've heard this concern.  It is certainly better to ask about anything
we're unsure of, just to be on the safe side.  :)

I have two that do the "scuba snorkling" where they stick their head into
the water bowl, with their eyes open, and look from side to side as if
looking for fish or something.  :) The bowl is not deep enough to get much
past their eyes, so the ears aren't under water, but they don't seem the
least concerned.

Take care, Gary

Violence is not strength,  Compassion is not weakness.    From Camelot.