From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:39:51 -0800
No one can say for sure, as they don't know your particular situation,
but this is what happened to me when I had an only ferret: I thought she
needed a friend, as I couldn't be there 24/7.  She didn't mind other
ferrets, though she had some "habits" that humans found annoying.  But
she was a real human ferret.  It sounds like Rocky might be one of those,
too.  I didn't realize just how much of a human ferret she was until I
had started the process: first ferret, not quite a good match, Zooey was
still "bored", as I thought.  Second addition, WAY too energetic for the
first two combined.  Must get HIM a friend now.  Third addition, laid
back fat stocky little boy that tried but also could not contain the
energy of the second addition.  In the end, Zooey, my first ferret,
played with these ferrets to varying degrees but ALWAYS would prefer to
play with me.  That was her orientation.  She would rather sit on my
shoulder and drink orange juice out of my glass.  She would rather play
her game where she steals little toys out of a cup, puts them under the
bed, then comes up to me, noses my ankle, and waits 'til I put all the
toys back so she can start in again.  She would rather sleep on my bed.
In the end when she was sick she would follow me around asking to be
picked up.  She would have been an excellent single ferret her whole
life.

So, I guess what I am saying, is that you could get Rocky a friend, and
he may appreciate that on some level, but he also could just continue to
want to play with you.

Minta & Linus & Ralphie