From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:50:20 -0700
SG- was unable to email you as you posted anonymously.  please feel free
to email me personally, but I feel okay posting my message to you here.

>Anyway, I urgently need advice on living with a ferret in CA - if anyone
>could offer any anonymously, perhaps.  My primary concern is how I will
>take her to a vet when need be.  Are there any secretly ferret-friendly
>veterinarians in the Los Angeles area and how might I find out about them?

My boyfriend has 4 ferrets and we live in N. CA.  He has a vet who has
several ferret clients and they love treating the little guys.  Now, they
are not ferret experts, so we do a lot of research and pass along info,
but they're pretty good vets.  When he was trying to find a vet for him
he did call one place and they said "We don't treat ferrets!  They're
illegal!!" and hung up on him.  But you can always call anonymously and
ask- the worst they can do is say no.

As far as vets in S. CA go, try looking at this website:
 http://www.ferretsanon.com/
It looks like they're working on a vet directory, but in the meantime, I'd
try emailing some of the people who maintain the website (email addresses
are on the site) to ask them who they use- the organization is based in
S. Cal, so some of them may be your neighbors!

Good luck,
Jaime