From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 18:45:41 -0400
Well, howdy all.  Buster and I went to the vet today because as I mentioned
earlier he was having poop problems.  Well, to rule out the possibility of
an obstruction the vet decided to do an x-ray.  The results were a hell of
alot more than I bargained for.  From the sounds of it, the cancer he had in
his mammary glands has done a fair amount of spreading.  This is what the
write-up was on my poor little rat -

- large mass in area of right kidney
- small amount of calcification around this mass area
- left caudal lung field shows increased density (cloudiness)
- heart appears enlarged in lateral view
- prognosis not so hot

Sigh!!  The vet asked me if I want to do exploratory surgery, etc but I
don't have to make a decision right away.  I really don't know if I want to
put him through more surgery - he already had two operations in December and
January.  I have to do some hard thinking this weekend - I'm stuck at work
for another four and a half hours and I just wanna bawl!!!!!!!!  Any
suggestions anyone??  I have to get some more Timmy's Tonic and I made Duck
Soup last night ..... I think I'm just going to have to make him comfortable
and spoil him rotten for the next while.  Sigh!

Thanks guys for being here! oxoxoxo
Love, George, Jasper and the Tribe

Georgette Peters                            Nothing is fool-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                     sufficiently talented fool.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret