Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 00:10:28 -0700
>Hey, Meg, if you don't stick your face in the cone mask, you won't get
>woozy! :)

I have to chuckle at that one.  My vet uses both ISO and Ketamine.  They
prefer ISO because of the fast recovery time, but.......it has its price.  I
have heard the same complaint from both vets after a day in surgery... they
are sleepy, sleepy, sleepy!  Heh.  No matter how well they seal the animal's
face/mouth/nose with the mask, enough still escapes into the atmosphere to
affect the vets performing the surgery.  There was talk about an oxy system
for the vets to wear during extended surgeries!

Now you vets out there will have to correct me here if I am wrong.  I also
remember something being said about ISO only putting the animal to sleep,
but not paralyze.  I guess in some surgeries, paralyzation is mandatory, so
the two are used in conjunction with one another??  If this is not true,
PLEASE, someone with the correct knowledge, post it so we have the straight
facts.

In any case, ISO was used on my Garret for his adrenal removal and he
still had to stay a day at the vet and..it took him fully 2 days to get
his full balance/senses/coordination back...and that was with pure ISO.

MC  (The Rude One)