From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:55:50 -0500
Bluebird was tapping loudly on No. 421's window. "Get up, get up," she
chirped. "We has a little girl ferret named Kira-Belle coming in today,
and you has to find her family."

No. 421 was just getting up when he heard the bathroom door slam and
the shower go on full blast. He jumped up out of bed and went over to
his window.

"Good Morning Blue Bird," No. 421 said. "What brings you here so
early"?

"I has a ticket here for you and I didn't think you were up," she said.

"Well, I was not up, but I was awake," No. 421 said. "Let me see that
ticket. Oh oh, what is that smell? Smells like my special aftershave.
Oliver, where are you and what are you doing?"

Oliver came walking out of the bathroom, dressed in his best 'greeting'
clothes and wearing No. 421's very special aftershave.

"Oh no you don't," No. 421 said. "What do you think you are doing? You
are not even old enough to shave. Young man, put the oatmeal on while
I get dressed, and we'll have a talk afterward."

Oliver measured out the oatmeal and water and began to cook. He was not
the least bit hungry but he set out a bowl for No. 421 and poured a
small dish for himself.

"Bummer" he said. "I just has to get to the Bridge in time to help that
new little girl cross."

"What girl" No. 421 asked? "What are you talking about? Wait a
minute -- did you happen to see hear Bluebird calling me?"

"Well, yes I did," Oliver said. "Lets get up to the Bridge -- she may
need help."

The two friends started off to the bridge with Oliver running ahead
of No. 421. He arrived just in time to see a cute little ferret girl
trying to carry a stuffed sock, a squeaky penguin, and mini tennis
balls. The balls had slipped out of her paws and she was trying to
gather them up. Her penguin was bouncing and squeaking along and she
was crying.

Oliver rushed over the bridge and caught penguin. Then he chased one
of the mini balls. Kira-Belle looked at him standing there so handsome
with her penguin and her mini tennis balls.

"Here, let me carry your sock," Oliver said. "Now you dry those tears
and just lean on me,"

No. 421 had just arrived as Oliver helped Kira-Belle off the bridge.
Holding her by the paw, he brought her over to No. 421.

"Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge," No. 421 said. "You must be Kira-
Belle. I stopped to talk to the Receiving Angel and he said you have
family members here you do not know. Oliver, can you skip down to the
Ferretone Falls, and, I think it is the last mound, find Blitz, Busy
and Tino? They crossed a while ago, but they were Mommy Jacci's ferrets
also."

Oliver bent low over her tiny paw, brushed it with his whiskers, and
looking at her face said, "Wait for me, I'll return Kira-Belle."

"Oh, please call me Kira," she said as she smiled sweetly at him.

Oliver was running down the path to find Kira's family, blushing from
ear to ear, when he remembered he still had Penguin in his pocket. He
ran faster and reached the falls in record time. Three ferrets were
just getting ready to go fishing when Oliver rushed up and asked if
they ever belonged to Momma Jacci. They said they did, and Oliver asked
them to come up to the Bridge with him, there was someone he wanted
them to meet. They arrived at the Bridge and No. 421 was helping
Kira-Belle write a letter for Shooting Star to send home.

"I need to send kisses for her face," Kira-Belle said. "And I need to
send love for her heart, and I need to let her know I am happy and I
have found her family."

Shooting Star said she would speak to the soft summer rain and when it
fell, it would be like soft ferrety kisses on Momma Jacci's face. The
rain would make the grass soft and green, and the flowers would grow.

"Tell her I won't be lonely and I will wait for her with her other
ferrets, Busy, Blitz and Tino," Kira-Belle said.

Shooting Star left to deliver the message, and Oliver picked up the
stuffed sock, patted the penguin in his pocket and put the mini tennis
balls in his shirt. He gave each ferret something to carry. That way,
he could help Kira-Belle over the rough spots on the trail.

The 5 ferrets walked back to the Ferretone Falls and Kira-Belle smiled
when she saw her new home. The ferrets placed her belongings inside the
door, and taking his paw in her little one, Kira thanked Oliver for
finding her family and helping her.

Oliver walked back to the cabin. Boy, she is a cutie he thought to
himself. Uhmmm she never said I could call, just thank you for helping.
Dooks and double dooks what did I do wrong?

Back at the cabin, No. 421 was making lunch when Oliver came in.

"Change out of your clothes and give me a hand here," No. 421 said.
"I need to fill in my logbook."

Taking a pen in his paw he wrote, Mission Accomplished. Kira-Belle is
with family, Oliver has been reading to many romance magazines, and has
discovered my aftershave, Shooting Star is on her way with a message,
and Mamma Jacci will know we will take good care of Kira-Belle until
she comes for her.

Oliver poured the tea, and the two ferrets sat down to lunch on raisin
pancakes.