From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 06:29:03 -0700
When we first moved into this apartment 7 months ago, I though I had it all
ferret proofed, but of course my efforts were thwarted by the best.  They
got under the bathroom counter, I did not know it was a dead end..and there
was nothing I could do.  Later on I noticed my cats sitting at the end of
my bed staring intently at the wall, upon closer inspection, I could HEAR
scratching and movement..not knowing that Chandler had gotten out long ago,
I took it upon myself to liberate him from the wall...I thought a smack
with a hammer would be the perfect size hole...I did it in the place that I
heard the most scratching about 6 foot high and right down above the
baseboard..what a mess..of course I just made an easy access port to
whatever IT WAS in the walls..sounds like a Stephen King flick.

Of course I now have less than 3 weeks to patch those holes up, one is
being covered by a picture :)

Yesterday the Washington Ferret Assoc.  gave Louis and I, a heartfelt
send off, we had a BBQ at Linda's place and a handful of WONDERFUL people
showed up.  We brought our 2 ferrets that we had adopted from the Shelter,
Humphrey and Ricky.  It was a very tearful and Happy party, My Oliver had
just died and Liane's Angus Mcferret had just passed.  Liane presented us
with a framed Photo/Ferret lovers award, for all of our volunteering at the
shelter and our donations.  She also gave me a BEAUTIFUL silver necklace
with the ferret paw prints on a silver bar..I can't thank you enough, the
people in the WFA are a bunch of wonderful caring kind and compassionate
folk, and I will MISS EVERYONE.  PLEASE ANYONE READING THIS that is a
member..or not, Of the WFA, the first Saturday of every month is shelter
cleaning day, there are now 2 spots open that need to be filled, We would
appreciate anyone to donate their time, it only takes a couple of hours,
once a month.  I TRULY HOPE the volunteering will go on.  It is for a noble
cause.

June and Louis missing Oliver for all eternity  :(