From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:50:00 -0500
To Anon just under investigation: What state are you in that is so strict
and misinformed about fuzzies?  (CA, NY ?)  Sorry for your loss, it never
seems to get easier.

To Leanne: Is there a Ferret Club in Fort Worth?  It seems all the Ferret
Lovers of TX meetings are in Dallas =P.

To Stephanie: When you hug a ferret, wouldn't it be "Ferrapy"?=)

To All: I an enjoying the posts on ferrets apparent health problems.
Beyond shorter life spans, I think there is something more.  The
de-scenting an de-sexing early seems to be a prime factor.  Also as a few
have pointed out, there is just a shortage of qualified ferret Vets and
researchers.  I propose that a club or organization set up a fund for
scholarships or research grants if one does not yet exist.  I know a lot
of good general Vets come out of Texas A&M, perhaps some enterprising
administrator will put forth the idea of a more comprehensive ferret
program.  With as many people that are owned by ferrets you would think
our voice could carry a little weight.

James, Melissa & Kassidy

Loving:  Bebe, Jako, Riley
Missing: Wheezer, Pym, Ricki