From:
Leanne Bochenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:37:12 EST
Instead of everyone trying and or bashing Marshalls for their practices..
why don't we concentrate on the real issue here..  Yes, if they are
sending ferrets out for testing purposes..  why don't they concentrate
on using them for ferret research?  To research and stop or limit the
diseases that "all" ferrets seem to incounter.  Yes, there seems to be
more Marshalls ferrets sick but that's is strickly because they sell more.

Let's get to the real issue..  Homeless ferrets.  Why stop Marshalls..
they are not going to stop and I for one am not about to let a elder
ferret sit in a pet store when he /she can be in my loving home..  You
bet your rear I will snap them up.  So, stopping Marshalls from breeding
is not going to happen unless they are proven to be unfit to do so.  But,
here ya go..  what about storming Petco and places as such that sell them?
Why not beraid their owners, managers, people with facts like how many are
in shelter..  show them pics... statistc etc with how many are homeless
thanks to their lack of concern?  How many of their employees are educated
enough to educate the people that take them home?  Why are they not held
responsible for ferrets they sell?  Why are they not made responsible for
selling ferrets that get these horrible cancers, They need to be..  They
need to be shown the newspaper clippings of Utah... and all the shelters
and all the sick babies.  Bring a tear to their eyes for a change, the
big brass not the employee that can't do anything..  Try that one for a
change.

If no store will buy from Marshalls then marshall will at least have to
down scale.

That the heart that ya'll have to concentrate on... Get the store that
sell them..  talk to the managers..  go higher show the pics show them
all the shelter sites...

Get marshalls that way..  then hopefully you wont have to see any four
month old ferrets with sad looks in their eyes looking back at you through
pet store plexiglass or bars

Sincerely
Leanne B
Mom to Cali, Rascal, Tigger, Pugs, Cocoa and thanks to the FML  Jewels