From:
Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:25:51 EDT
Hello all!

I have a suggestion for Harvey for a way to thwart litter box tipping.
Using a small drill, put a couple of holes thru the lip of the litter box.
Then secure the box to the side of the cage.  It helps to wire more than
one side otherwise a really enthusiastic ferret can still lift the free
side up over the height of the wire and empty the box out the side of the
cage.  I use covered telephone wire, secured with the ends outside of the
cage.  The wire eventually breaks inside the plastic coating, but I just
replace it with another piece.  If I didn't do this, I wouldn't have a
single litter box in any corners of any of the cages.  And I've never had a
ferret even sniff the wires, let alone try to chew one.  Not even my cats
have gone after them.

Everyone keeps saying that Marshall Farms ferrets come with papers.  Mine
didn't.  I didn't even know there were papers until people mentioned it
here.  Most people buying from pet stores aren't going to know there should
be papers either.  That makes passing off phonies easier for the stores.
At least I do know that my Christopher is a Marshall ferret because of his
ear tattoo, or can they fake that as well?

Gotta run.  There's work to be done.  We're driving up to Quebec to spend
the weekend with my in-laws.  My housemates will keep an eye on the ferrets
and cats while the hubby and I are gone.

Take care all!

Anastasia Kidd
Plainfield, NJ