Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:28:22 -0400
I am sitting here reading a few recent fml posts about controling
ferret scent. My husband who needs to wash his own clothes comes
up with the small ferret laundry load that included a red sweater
commandeered by my three fuzzgirls long ago. The sweater has been in a
bag at my Mom's since sometime after Baby (the last of my fuzzgirls)
passed in December and my condo was put up for sale. You would think
I would have washed it then, but saving it for "her scent" would make
perfect sentimental sense, it would also make sense for the stink it
held this weekend when my mother returned it to me in a trash bag full
of other ferret bedding she had held for me. I put it in a load with
the fuzzie blankets of my three current hobs (oh the horror, sorry
Baby!) and didn't think much of it til my husband held it up dry and
asked where to put the bedding. I smiled remembering Baby's head
sticking out of the arm and her little body curled up in the center
of it snoozing soundly. I grabbed for it (now remembering it's source)
and held it tight against my face, desperate for one more scent of
my fuzzgirl. In vain, nothing but fresh laundered smell. My husband
smiled, not at my disappointment, but at the fact of how we try so
hard to get rid of ferret scent and yet yearn for it too.

So while you can, breath it in!

Risa