From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 01:17:49 -0400
I did not use Finnair when I brought ferrets back from Finland. Finnair
does not fly into DC - just NYC on the east coast. Since I would
not have been able to get my 2 kids to DC without renting a car and
driving, I opted to have them shipped via Lufthansa, and was very
happy with the service. Lufthansa offers cargo shipping of animals
very similar to what Continental offers. Of course, since the problem
is the ferret might be too stressed going cargo, that does not help.

Finnair does allow ferrets to ride in the cabin, though, provided the
carrier will fit under the seat. The year before I went to Finland,
2 of my Finnish friends came here and brought ferrets. Now, in their
case, because they were bringing multiple ferrets, they needed a bigger
carrier, and so those ferrets rode in the luggage area. But, as of 2
years ago, Finnair did allow ferrets in the cabin.

When I went to Finland, I did a lot of checking with a lot of different
airlines - both US and European. With the exception of Finnair, none
would allow ferrets in the cabin, and many would not even allow them
in the cargo hold. Unfortunately, our options for taking ferrets on
airplanes are very, very slim.

So, I don't know if Finnair would be a viable option from where you
are in Germany, but I would check into it.

Danee DeVore
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
For more information visit:
<http://www.ferretadv.com>
ADV - Find out how you can help:
http://help4adv.terrabox.com/