From:
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:07:37 -0500
Hello all.  This is a bit complicated so i'll do my best to be clear.

My mom is very ill.  She won't be around much longer.  i own the house we
live in and the ferrets live in.  my mom helps me pay for almost 1/2 of
everything.  When she passes on, i, along with the shelter will be in
deep doo doo.

The very last thing i want to do is to sell my house and close the doors
to the ferrets or just close the shelter and rent out their room.
Because i'm off work from an accident, i couldn't get a new mortgage
with a new house for me and the ferrets.  I would have to rent and a
lot of places wouldn't allow as many ferrets as we get.

right now, i worry for them more than myself.  I could get another
roommate in, but most people wouldn't understand the constant invasion
of privacy of people coming and going every day to see the ferrets.
Sometimes it's even hard for me to handle.

So, i've come up with a plan that will help me keep the shelter open and
still find help to keep up with the house bills.  i'd like to refinance
my mortgage so i can afford to build an addition to the back of my house,
connecting to the ferret room with a separate entrance for people to come
and go.  This way i can rent out another room beside the ferret room and
my new roommate won't be troubled by the constant flow of people traffic.

This is where you come in.  i'm not looking for any money from anyone,
just some help.  i'll need some framing, finishing, drywall, electric and
pluming help.  IF anyone on the list can afford to donate some time to
help build this and help the shelter going, i, along with the ferrets
would really appreciate it.

Plans for all of this have to start within the next month or so.  i
really worry what will happen if i can't do this.  i know i'll always be
fine, but i stay up at night thinking about the ferrets.  i know i've
asked for help in the past and you have come through for me.  This time
i'm asking for the kids and my peace of mind.  i need to know they'll be
cared for after this is all over.

If any of you can help, please e-mail me.

Thank you so much.

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society