From:
Margaret Eakin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 1995 16:05:00 MDT
>After a couple attempts at force-feeding both of them, Kirk told me to
>just let them drink the Ensure when they want too, since neither of them
>seem to be in any health danger at the moment -- he said the force-feeding
>would just make them hate me and doesn't think it's really necessary yet.

  For all of your info if you cannot get your ferret or other animal to eat
try canned Science Diet A/D formula.  It is made for recovering animals from
surgery and the finicky eater.  I have seen many cats with feline luekemia
not eating and  when offered the A/D formula eat and begin gaining wieght.
It wouldn't hurt to try and your ferrets may love you for it.  Once you get
them eating mix the food you want them to eat with the A/D, slowly add less
and less of the A/D until it is no longer needed.  That usually works well
and you don't have to force them to eat.  It will make you and your ferret
friend much happier and they are getting a good diet.  Let me know how it
works out.

Maggie May and Kizzy Lea