From:
Lea Statler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:33:15 -0500
Hi all!

This is my frist posting.  l've been reading along for a few days now and
just had to tell you all about are new fuzzy.  She only 6 or 7 weeks, this
is are frist that's so young.  Charlie was at least 11 weeks when we got him
and Kiki was about the same age.

Let me tell you all the story about how are fuzzies caught us.  My SO had
been looking at ferrets for about 4 years.  He was like a kid, "Can l have
one...Please".  l grow up in CA and didn't know a thing about them and He
hadn't been around any.  To make a long story alittle shorter.  We were
ignorant as H*ll.

Charlie saw two suckers walk in and played cute.  Kiki had a bad eye and we
were looking for a playmate for Charlie.

This new fuzzy came home, because my SO can't just look and not buy.  l look
in on the petstore around here to make sure there bady's are health and
treated well, or as well as they are willing to go.  :(

l check out all, but one petstore and my SO wanted to go with me.  You can't
just look at the ferrets though the glass and see if they're healthy.  So,
we handle the frist group and they were find.  Then we took a look at the
five bady's that had just come in.  That did it, one female with a lite
brown blaze with little white hairs on her sable body was all my SO could
take.  159.00 later we have a new fuzzy.

l have read alot about ferrets fighting and really out getting along.  Kiki
and Charlie had a few fights, but nothing like l hear about on FML.  With
this new bady we were ready for world war 3.  We let her meet the dog first
and then the cats(2), after they had said there Hello's we lock them all up.

We then pick up Charlie and Kiki holding the bady too.  We let them say "Hi"
and no fights broke out, so we put them all down to see what would happen
and nothing did.  Charlie followed her around and Kiki was more interested
in the cabnets.  Charlie and Kiki are about 6 months.  Maybe it's the age
difference???

About Sweet Heart, l am sorry for your loss, but you made his life a very
happy one. Not all ferrets are that lucky.

Lea,
Charlie (is it bedtime already.....)
Kiki ( WERE's the feritone, l WANT it NOW)
Bady( ZZZZZZ)

lgnorance killed the cat (or was that the ferret), Curiousity was Framed.