From:
"Grable, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:39:10 -0500
Hi All-

Just wanted to say that I have the distemper and rabies shots given
separately, several weeks apart.  I double check with the vet each
time to make sure he/she is using the ones for ferrets.

I've seen several vets because on more than one occasion, I've felt that
one or the other's knowledge regarding ferrets was lacking.  Especially
those that believe a bottle of the "pink stuff" will cure any and all.

None have agreed that it is necessary to separate the vaccines, or hang
around for thirty minutes in the event of a reaction.

I always do, and sometimes get "funny" looks from some of the staff.

Oh well, It's my baby and my money.  Both are my responsibility... and I'm
stayin'.

Sonya