Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 16:01:59 -0700
Bob Church wrote:
>>Personally, I won't belong to any organization that does not allow the
>>membership voting rights for the highest levels of leadership

And Zen (Bill & Diane Killian) responded:
>Ahhh!  There it is!  Knew you had a beef with the AFA now we know.  But
>does the CFA or AKC have national voting for officers?  Well actually
>since the AFA is a corporation (non-profit) does any corporation "really"
>allow individuals to vote?

Gotta go with Bob on this one, B&D.  Why limit ourselves to "what is" or
"what's been done?" You of *all* people know the problems associated with
"animal" groups, the most serious (imho) being their gravitation towards
extremism.  Without some form of control, what's to prevent untouchable
leaders -- who supposedly represent all of us -- from going off the deep
end?  And what could a dissatisfied contributor do other than stop
contributing?

The nat'l ferret org. that I envision would represent the average ferret
owner, and would have an increasing, reliable source of contributions.
Yes, there'd be some politics and infighting, but those gremlins seem
inescapable, and are preferable to fringe consensus.  *Some* disagreement
is a healthy thing.

Hey.  As long as we're dreaming, why not dream BIG?

swamp

"Who, me officer? What's a ferut? These guys?? No, they're Polish cats."