From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 10:15:57 -0400
I was recently at 2 animal-related events and picked up paperwork
at both. In cleaning up this morning, I found a brochure on rabies
information that came from one of the 2 events. The 2 events in
question are the Wild About Animals event that took place in State
College, PA and the Spring Nationals ferret show. The brochure in
question is a 'Delaware's Division of Public Health wants you to
know about rabies'.

Does anyone know where this could have come from? Like I said, I can't
remember where I got it but maybe if someone at the ferret show was
passing them out, you could get a hold of me? There is some inaccurate
ferret info in it. This is what it says:

Question #16: What other animals can be vaccinated against rabies?

There are no rabies vaccines approved for any wildlife species (such as
raccoons, skunks, foxes, and FERRETS). Your veterinarian has vaccines
that are approved for use in horses, cows, and sheep.

I am going to call the number of the Delaware Health and Social
Services and point out that ferrets are not wild animals and that there
is indeed an approved vaccine for them but meanwhile, I would like to
find who is passing them out and ask them to please stop and think
about what they are doing to the ferret community.

Thanks!!

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached
by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the
shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken, The
crownless again shall be king."
"May it be you journey onTo light the day; When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun"